Bolton Award for Outstanding Leadership
The Bolton Award, NABE's highest accolade, is presented annually to a bar executive who epitomizes the highest standard of professional excellence.
It is named in honor of Fred Bolton, executive director and secretary of the Pennsylvania Bar Association from 1966 to 1977.
Recent Award Recipients
- 2013 Bill Weisenberg, Ohio
- 2012 Jack Lockridge, Virginia
- 2011 Larry Houchins, Mississippi
- 2010 Alan B. Head, North Carolina
- 2009 Bob Wells, South Carolina
- 2008 Tom Pyrz, Indiana
- 2007 Tom Edmonds, Virginia
- 2006 Denny Ramey, Ohio
Please click here for a full list of Bolton Award recipients [PDF]
All active NABE members in good standing, excluding NABE board members, are eligible for nomination. Nominees need not be executive directors. Nominations submitted in the prior two years will automatically be reconsidered. Individuals nominating must be NABE members in good standing. While the criteria below will be used to select the recipient of the Bolton Award, each and every criteria need not be met.
- Professionalism, character, and integrity
- Vision and leadership
- Service to the legal profession
- Managerial ability
- Development of bar staff
- Providing cutting edge programs for members
- Improvements in the administration of justice
- Entrepreneurship and creativity
- Warmth, friendliness, and camaraderie
- Service within NABE generally
Nomination Form and Steps
Watch this space for the 2014 Form.
2014 Deadline TBD
Nomination forms and any supporting documents must be submitted electronically in no more than two PDF documents (the form and one document comprising everything else). All submissions will be reviewed by the NABE Board at its spring meeting and nominator and recipient will be notified by early June 2014.
For information about the current Bolton Award, contact:
NABE Bolton Award
ABA Division for Bar Services
321 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654-7598
Back to top